WASHINGTON – In an embarrassing setback for President Barack Obama, a federal appeals court panel ruled Friday that he violated the Constitution in making certain recess appointments and moved to curtail a chief executive’s ability in the future to circumvent the Senate in such scenarios.
A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit said that Obama did not have the power to make three recess appointments last year to the National Labor Relations Board because the Senate was officially in session – and not in recess – at the time. If the decision stands, it could invalidate hundreds of board decisions.
- Court: Obama appointments are unconstitutional (newsobserver.com)
- UNCONSTITUTIONAL: Court Finds Obama Violated the US Constitution With His Recess Appointments (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Court: Obama recess appointments are unconstitutional (columbian.com)
- Federal Appeals Court Rules Obama Violated Constitution (wctv.tv)
- Court: Obama appointments are unconstitutional (modbee.com)
Tags: epic fail obama, Law, National Labor Relations Board, News, Politics, Recess appointment, United States Constitution, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, United States courts of appeals, United States Senate, Washington D.C