|Gun Owners of America|
In wake of Election Day:
Multiple challenges & opportunities lay ahead for our gun rights
“I want to thank Gun Owners of America for coming into my district twice. Their involvement helped educate gun owners as to who the real pro-gun candidate was in this very close race.” — Rep.-elect Keith Rothfus (R-PA)
There is no doubt. Gun rights will come under attack in the next four years.
The President who said that he was pursuing gun control proposals “under the radar” during his first term can now come out of the closet. Just as Barack Obama told outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev that he would have more “flexibility” after the election, we can expect an emboldened White House to pursue a UN gun control treaty … more gun owner registration … more Executive Orders designed to limit our rights … more anti-gun Supreme Court Justices, etc.
Sadly, Harry Reid is going to remain the Majority Leader of the Senate. We realized that it was an uphill battle to take the gavel out of Reid’s hands, but it was an important fight if we were going to stop the onslaught of future anti-gun judicial picks. And while we lost some heartbreaking races, there are some things to cheer about.
First, we did get three new pro-gun Senators elected: Ted Cruz in Texas, Deb Fischer in Nebraska and Jeff Flake in Arizona. The Cruz race in Texas was especially contentious during the primary, and GOA got involved early to help push Cruz over the finish line.
While many other pro-gun Senators also retained their seats, gun owners will find several new friendly faces in the House:
* Steve Stockman, who was perhaps the most aggressively pro-gun Representative in the 1990s, will return to Congress with a 70% mandate from his Texas district. Even if you don’t live in the Lone Star State, Steve Stockman will represent you by fiercely fighting for your Second Amendment rights. GOA helped push Stockman, who was an underdog in his primary, over the hump in July. His victory yesterday may well be the number one pick-up for gun rights in this election.
* Another key victory for gun owners is Keith Rothfus, who knocked off a “Blue Dog” compromiser in western Pennsylvania. There was tremendous confusion in this race since another gun group had endorsed his opponent. So GOA made multiple trips into the district to help gun owners see that Rothfus was the real pro-gun candidate in the contest. Happily, Rothfus will be joining the new freshmen class in January.
* In addition to Rothfus in Pennsylvania, GOA helped make distinctions in several other races — between real, pro-gun candidates and those who merely feign support for gun rights. Notable examples of “Blue Dog” compromisers who lost their jobs occurred in North Carolina and Kentucky, where Richard Hudson and Andy Barr emerged victorious.
* GOA also heavily backed Jackie Walorski in Indiana. As a state representative, she was a fierce defender of individual liberty and was even willing to take on members of her own party in defense of the Constitution. She will be a welcome addition in this next Congress.
* While gun owners lost a squeaker in the Montana Senate, the pro-gun Steve Daines won the open House seat. He replaces Denny Rehberg who failed narrowly to unseat “F” rated Senator Jon Tester (D).
* GOA also helped “A” rated Tom Cotton win a very contentious primary in the 4th District of Arkansas. He went on to thump his opponent in the general election last night, collecting almost 60% of the vote.
* Across the nation, Gun Owners of America was able to assist several freshman Congressmen who were on the “endangered list.” Examples include Reps. Justin Amash of Michigan and Steve Southerland in Florida who are both “A” rated by GOA.
While the challenges are obvious, GOA will continue to fight for your gun rights in this next Congress.
By using guerilla-style tactics, GOA was actually able to work with Congressmen to REPEAL gun control laws like the Amtrak and National Parks bans during the Obama administration. No, Obama didn’t support these repeals, but we were able to get these repeals inserted into “must pass” bills which Obama couldn’t afford to veto.
This is the type of political warfare that we will be fighting for the next four years. And now, we have fresh troops reporting for duty in January who are ready and willing to fight.
So please stand with GOA and help us to have the resources we need to fight these battles and to create opportunities to push a pro-gun agenda.
So the election was not a total loss. Despite the majority of the people in America being solidly in the stuck on stupid camp.
Posts Tagged ‘election 2012’
Unforgivable, that is what the current administration is. Read about this episode of “The obama follies.”
Then there is the ongoing saga of “Let’s kill Americans and Mexicans so that we can get our way!”
Stolen from my friend and fellow conservative blogger. Fred expresses my own sentiments quite well.
Joe Biden came off as an oafish ass, in other words, Barack Hussein Obama got his wish, Joe was just being Joe.
Joe Biden had NO real argument, nothing that made sense, so he ranted and laughed a lot, he came off as highly unprofessional and NOT as someone that would make you feel the least bit confident if he were to have to take up the mantle of President.
Paul Ryan was trying very hard to use facts and figures but he was allowing Joe Biden to interrupt. Ryan was interrupted and challenged by Martha Raddatz on several occasions and he was far too polite for MY taste.
BUT … Ryan was far more professional, and gave a fine showing of himself.
It was VERY obvious, at least to me, that Martha Raddatz was a *partner* for Biden, a tag-team partner on several occasions. When Ryan was making a telling point Raddatz would interrupt, question Ryan herself, actually challenge him or change the topic and move back to Biden.
Much was made about Raddatz and her Obama Connection and many had hoped that she could put that aside and assume at least some degree of journalistic integrity.
That was NOT to be the case.
To Ryan’s credit, he didn’t get into any heated exchanges with Joe Biden, maybe this was running through his mind: If a wise man contends with a foolish man, whether the fool rages or laughs, there is no peace. Proverbs 29:9
I heard one of the FOX talking heads say that this debate was not terribly important because no one ever votes based on who the #2 was on the ticket.
THAT is pure BULLSHIT!
I know quite a few people that claimed they didn’t vote for McCain in ’08, they said their vote was for Palin, and that is the most STUPID thing they could have EVER said.
Not to be bashing Palin, but to vote for a particular candidate because you don’t like him but you love his running mate? Seriously?
OK, so I bashed her a little.
I don’t believe Paul Ryan WON the election for Mitt Romney; it will take Romney totally eviscerating Obama in the next 2 debates to make that happen.
I also don’t believe Biden did Obama any real favors. The VP Debate was a chance to see what the #2 guy was made of, and frankly, I liked what I saw in Paul Ryan a lot more than ANYTHING I saw from Joe Biden.
- Martha Raddatz, Joe Biden forget their manners: Don’t interrupt! (twitchy.com)
- Ho Sit Down: Sarah Palin Complains About VP Debate Moderator Martha Raddatz…”She Let Joe Biden Run Wild” (bossip.com)
- Winners and losers in the vice presidential debate (washingtonpost.com)
- Biden Loses It [Breitbart.com] (redpillreport.net)
- 2012 Vice Presidential Debate: Did Joe Biden or Paul Ryan Win? (hollywood.com)
- What Did Joe Biden Whisper To Paul Ryan During The Debate? (businessinsider.com)
They think they’re MORE than capable of running our lives for us, after all. Voters like you and me just “get in the way.”
Well, I’m a State Representative who believes the opposite . . .
I believe it’s time for you and me to send a loud and clear message to the General Assembly that the days of demanding gun owners’ votes and then doing nothing in return are OVER.
In short, if you’re legally able to own a firearm, you’re legally able to carry it concealed for self-defense. Period.
This is the way it’s done in Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming.
And despite the hand-wringing of the gun-grabbers, the news media and government bureaucrats, those states have not seen a rise in shoot-outs and vigilante justice since passing Constitutional Carry.
I know you’re not surprised.
When law-abiding citizens are able to protect themselves, criminals soon realize they had better start looking for another line of work.
After all, attacking a “victim” armed with a concealed firearm can often result in early “retirement!”
The fact is, the gun-grabbers’ overbearing and UNCONSTITUTIONAL “regulations” and “requirements” are meant to do nothing more than undermine the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens just like you and me.
After all, do CRIMINALS ask for government permission before they carry a concealed weapon?
Do CRIMINALS have to pay fees or take training classes?
Of course not.
All they have to do is claim they’re worried you MIGHT commit a crime in the future -– a power which will almost certainly be abused in certain areas.
*** Military veterans can be STRIPPED of the right to carry a concealed weapon;
Simply acknowledging mental stress to an anti-gun government psychologist upon returning from war could trigger the ban.
*** Colorado gun owners must pay a fee every five years, or have their “training renewed,” just to keep their permits;
Some estimates show these regulations cost law-abiding Colorado gun owners up to $3 million every year, which is why some “pro-gun” organizations (of whom many are firearms instructors) supported this provision in the past.
Our job is to force the Legislature to pass Constitutional Carry when they come back to Denver.
No other group is fighting for the right to keep and bear arms in Colorado but Rocky Mountain Gun Owners . . .
. . . which is why I’m a member of RMGO myself.
But this fight won’t be easy.
Gun control groups are likely going to be pouring millions into Colorado to brow-beat weak-kneed politicians into DEFEATING Constitutional Carry.
You and I can’t let that happen.
Then, using mail, email and phone banks, I plan to recruit an additional 50,000 Second Amendment supporters all across Colorado to help join in this fight.
And when the fight really begins to heat up, my hope is to run targeted newspaper and radio ads to help us get the votes to put us over the top.
Unfortunately, I’m afraid even all this won’t be enough.
If you and I want to DEFEAT the gun-grabbers’ anti-gun lobby, we must be prepared to push on every front.
None of these tactics will be cheap. So I must ask for your generous financial support, as well.
- Pro-Gun Activists Demand Permitless Carry of Concealed Weapons (blogs.lawyers.com)
- CCRKBA Encouraged By Pro-Second Amendment Republican Platform (sys-con.com)
- NAGR Warns Against Those Who Are Trying ‘Steam Roll Our Constitutional Right To Bear Arms’ (freedomoutpost.com)
- NOREEN: No evidence of guns at UCCS (gazette.com)
- Issue over concealed handguns crops up at RNC (kansascity.com)
Sometimes things just sit around under our noses until we eventually notice them. Now, in the case of the pointy eared alien that currently occupies the White House, pun intended, it is becoming an almost weekly thing for some new outrage to become common knowledge.
Vote for obama if you are simply stuck on stupid, or you really do like being lied to.
- Obama permanently out to lunch (redstate.com)
- Poll: Most voters are unfamiliar with Solyndra (hotair.com)
- Regime Engaged in Libya Cover-Up Because They Wanted You to Think Al-Qaeda Died with Bin Laden (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Thomas Sowell: Obama vs. Obama (triblive.com)
Hat Tip to TEXAS FRED
At least she isn’t stuck on stupid like so many others are!
- Obama Administration Colluding With United Nations (maddmedic.wordpress.com)
- UN fails to reach deal on global arms trade treaty (foxnews.com)
- U.N. gun-control treaty: Bad for gun owners (wnd.com)
- UN Arms Trade Treaty Could be Amended in Future Over US Objections (cnsnews.com)
I received this in an email and thought it too good to just *forward*, so I am making it a post, that way it’s on the ‘net, my name is forever attached to it and the Obama regime knows it was ME that blasted them once again!
I have never heard this said as simply or as well; Class warfare at its best.
The folks who are getting the free stuff don’t like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff. And, the folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop.
And the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting!
Now … the people who are forcing the people who pay for the free stuff have told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff that the people who are PAYING for the free stuff are being mean, prejudiced, and racist. So … the people who are GETTING the free stuff have been convinced they need to hate the people who are paying for the free stuff by the people who are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff and giving them the free stuff in the first place.
We have let the free stuff giving go on for so long that there are now more people getting free stuff than paying for the free stuff.
Now understand this; all great democracies have committed financial suicide somewhere between 200 and 250 years after being founded. The reason being; the voters figured out they could vote themselves money from the treasury by electing people who promised to give them money from the treasury in exchange for electing them.
The United States officially became a Republic in 1776, 236 years ago. The number of people now getting free stuff outnumbers the people paying for the free stuff. We have one chance to change that in 2012. Failure to change that spells the end of the United States as we know it.
ELECTION 2012 IS COMING
If you haven’t seen *2016: Obama’s America* here is your chance: Full Movie – 2016: Obama’s America and every American, from ALL Parties needs to see this powerful film!
And remember this: A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves!
For all our sake PLEASE Take a Stand!!!
Language: English only
Culture: Constitution, and the Bill of Rights!
Drug Free: Mandatory Drug Screening before Welfare!
NO free stuff to Non-Citizens!
Will YOU share this post with others?
Here are a few other things:
1. Let’s get this straight; Islam is a FALSE religion, whose ‘prophet’ was a child rapist. Do you still want to defend Islam?
4. Democrats are either delusional, just plain stupid or outright traitors.
SOURCE: Texas Fred
- Will the UN Small Arms Treaty Finally Move Texas to Secede? (thelonestarwatchdog.com)
- 2012: A Choice Between Free-Stuff or Free-Dom (givemeliberty01.wordpress.com)
- At What Point Does This Cult of Personality Stuff Start to Creep People Out? (thecynicalchristian.blogspot.com)
- Texan Lynches Invisible Obama (thinkprogress.org)
- Voters need to see ‘2016: Obama’s America’ (jacksonville.com)