Even though the recent Judiciary committee heard you ‘loud and clear’ when they shut down the background check expansion legislation in May.
The NRA isn’t listening and continues to push the so-called Fix NICS agenda in Wyoming!
The 2014 NRA candidate survey is so telling of their real intentions:
The fact that this question is on their survey means that they will be pushing this agenda again — and if he’s re-elected, use their own NRA “A” rated Senator Fred Emerich, who BTW voted NO on pro-gun legislation SF-104 in 2011.
Because when it comes to the background check expansion scheme, Anti-Gun Senator Emerich is their boy!
You can bet he earns another “A” rating for it too.
This agenda to expand NICS is also being spearheaded by former NY Mayor Bloomberg’s Anti-Gun organization, touted as Fatal Gaps.
Sadly this is happening on the heels of Obama’s 11 signed Executive Orders to change — background checks, health-care privacy regulations and gun owner data sharing — into a keystroke gun registration system.
Obama’s executive order summary:
1. Require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system. (Share all data)
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system. (Privacy)
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system. (Bribes to the states)
4. Propose rule-making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun. (Even on a simple traffic stop)
5. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers. (Preparing for regulations on private sales)
6. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes. (This information was once private, it will now go on your permanent record)
7. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities. (Doctor patient confidentiality gone)
8. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover. (Details to record gun owners)
9. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within Obamacare exchanges. (More gun owner regulations underwritten in the details)
10. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations. (etc.)
11. Launch a national dialogue on mental health. (etc.)
By contrast WyGO’s 2014 candidate survey asks these questions relating to Brady and private sales:
The NRA isn’t working for gun owners in Wyoming and instead is using their $300 million to work for the wrong team!
And the NRA’s actions?
In 2011 when WyGO was on the ground pushing Constitutional Carry at the legislature, the NRA was completly absent from the fight.
In 2012 the NRA actually provided a draft to the Wyoming Security Commission expanding gun free zones in every county building in Wyoming.
In 2014 the NRA didn’t even make a peep on HB-119, legislation that would have repealed gun free zones in Wyoming.
Later in 2014 the NRA flew in field Rep. Dakota Moore to support background check expansion, while WyGO was expending an incredible amount of WyGO member resources in direct mail to kill this dangerous legislation.
The NRA’s record in wyoming shows they have put their money to work just helping Obama’s keystroke registration scheme!
Please contact Wayne LaPierre at(800) 672-3888 and tell him how you feel!
And if you haven’t done so please throw your financial support to Wyoming’s ONLY ‘boots on the ground’ gun rights organization in the state.
Wyoming Gun Owners
P.S. The NRA is working to promote Obama’s background expansion/Registration scheme.
The NRA 2014 candidate survey has revealed that they will continue to push their so-called FixNICS campaign using the money taken from their members, under the premise they will fight against gun control.