This is from a member of a forum that is not usually considered to be a political website. Posted with permission. Edited to fit the format here at WordPress. Hat tip to the vampiresmurfhunter.
A lot of us don’t know whats going on behind the closed doors of the people that are attacking the 2nd amendment. I said after newton that the firearms debate would be forever changed as the anti firearms people would use that tragedy to push for new laws, and they have. What is not really well known is where these new laws are really going, snippets are getting out, but never covered in the media. What is covered is unfortunately the same line of BS that has been used since this president was elected again, a common sense approach. The problem is that common sense approach is new laws that will do nothing to stop or prevent any crime and they have even admitted to it, in one state down south a city councilmen is pushing through expanded background checks, he admitted that they will do nothing to stop crime, so then the Question becomes, why pass something that will not do anything to fix the problem? The answer is, because that is not what they are trying to do at all. So another Question, what are they trying to do?? Well here we go, Ill explain it below.
Here is the 3 main anti firearms laws, anti 2nd amendment laws they are trying to pass.
1. Extended background checks. What this is about is anytime a firearm is transferred from one person to another you have to call and have a background check done, even if youre loaning the firearm to a buddy to hit the range with, if you give your child or a wife a firearm, or if you leave it to someone in a will, it all have to go through the nics background check. What is really funny about this is, the government has already said many times over that the background check system is so messed up and not up to date, that it is almost totally ineffective.
2. Hi capacity magazines, or anything over 15rnds, 10rnds, or even 7rnds. Why and what is this about? This is all about 3, and of course saving the children from another massacre. Seems to me when a psycho does one of these horrific rampages they have plenty of magazines and plenty of ammo, so there basically prepared. So making a person carry more magazines will not solve this problem, and if you have spent anytime shooting a semi auto then you should be proficient enough to change a magazine without an extended amount of time before you are ready to rock and roll again. These anti firearms people would like the world to believe that the time it takes to make a magazine change is all the time people need to bum rush the person that just unloaded a firearm before he can reload, like we all have superhuman speed while we are ducking for cover and trying to make sure our loved ones are not injured. Yes, that’s the answer, while hes reloading, we will grab our scissors or a stapler and bum rush the guy with the guns, yeup that’s the smart thing to do. Ahh, we all should know that’s a stupid thing to do, youd probably wind up dead doing that, but in some cases it could work, but I would rather shoot back at the person then rush them with my trusty stapler at my side, but if someone ever did subdue someone with a stapler they would want to ban those next as it would then be a proven weapon. This magazine ban is all about control, limiting law abiding Americans from the same equipment that the police have, to make sure that WE THE PEOPLE cannot stand toe to toe with their firepower. 2 comments I can remember being said after NY passed their new firearms laws where these, I would prefer the people had less rounds to shoot, something less then a single shot muzzle loader, but people would say we were taking there guns then. The 2nd comment was made by another NY official that was part of drafting the new laws,,, the original draft of the new laws we passed was for us to have everyone register every firearm they had at home, then after we had our list was to go door to door and confiscate all the firearms, magazines and ammo from everyone in the city. He said in the same interview that was the first draft, but realizing that the people of NY would not go for that, they had to scale it down and slowly work towards that goal, we are not done yet, but this is a stepping stone towards total confiscation of guns in NY and the country. So you can see where the magazine ban was just the first step, they are currently trying to pass a bill to limit the amount of ammo a person can have in their home, and how they are going to go door to door to all registered gun owners to inspect the house and check on how much ammo is present.
3. Assault weapons ban. What this is really about and what it covers in the ban. I have actually posted on this before, Sen. Feinstien, I really hope I spelt her name wrong, I have no respect for her at all, lol. We have tried her assault weapons ban before, it did nothing to curb crime, crime sprees or any mass shootings. The way the law that she continues to push is written is interesting in ways that most people that are not firearms owners, or a person that keeps up on the laws can really grasp or understand, it is so broad that it encompasses just about everything dealing with a firearm. Now there is a lot to say about this, so I am going to try to break it down into a lot of different areas, so make yourself comfortable this will take a bit.
The assault weapons ban that did pass and has expired was proven to do nothing, but if you ask any anti firearms person about it they will deflect the conversation away from the real information, the real statistics about the number of crimes that really did occur before the ban and during the ban. Why? Because they cannot stand on the real numbers, so they use ones that never existed in fact, but that were projected to happen about 40 years before the assault weapons ban ever existed. The ban did exactly nothing that they sold it on, that is why it was left to expire, probably the one biggest and greatest thing any politicians ever did with a law. It did not turn into a monster that usually happens anytime a law is passed, it failed and they did the right thing for once, they let it die.
The new assault weapons ban bill. Again this is a Sen. Fienstien idea, right out of her delusional head. This thing is a monster, and the definitions involved in it are so encompassing that it boggles the mind, its hard to find one place to start to attack it because all the parts of it are linked together and it gives peoples headaches trying to explain it, namely me, lol. So lets start with the so called assault rifles, and why sen fienstien is so important. She has drafted what will probably be the definitive ban and all out grab of all firearms, she has stated more than once that her bill is just the start, we have to register all the firearms so we know where to go get them from. So why was that important to the rifle part? the old ban was mainly a twofold situation, one for money, for the tax stamp for a fully auto rifle or pistol, and the second part was the extensive background check and registration of every fully auto firearm in the country. Before this ban was implemented the government had only guesses as to how many there really was, after it was instituted they knew exactly how many law abiding Americans had and who had them. It didn’t really ban anything, but it put a lot of people out of range of buying one, and counted and told them where they were, it was registration in its purest form. It did ban a few things as far as accessories on the firearms themselves. Folding stocks, bayonet lugs, in all just minor things to see how far they could push before we get pissed and say outright NO. this new bill of hers bans everything to do with the furniture of the rifle, iron sites is about all you can have. No scopes, ho holographic sites, so flip up sites, no more rails on the fore end, no folding stocks, no collapsible stocks, somewhere part of the original ban, some of these are add ons for this new bill that the outrage from the newton shooting they think they can get in this time around. Who cares about the furniture on the rifle? Well this then gets into any rifle I’m sure many of you have in the safe or on the wall. Well take a look at what you got and see if you have anything other than iron sites on it, if you do then it would be illegal with the new bill. Certain rifles have been added to the bill by name, make and model; they got really specific about what they were banning in some areas. What are they banning? Scary looking rifles. No really, it’s scary looking rifles. It has nothing to do with what the rifles do, there action, what caliber they shoot, some are actually single shot, it is all about appearance and if it looks scary. Some like the AR family of rifles are on the list because they look like military rifles that are the main reason they give in public. Behind closed doors they have admitted they do not want anyone to own or posses any rifle that the military has or looks like a rifle the military has. So for you hunters out there that use anything in the AR family, it doesn’t matter what caliber it is, what you hunt with it, it is on the list. It was probably on the list already because of the furniture you have on it. Ok the next part of the rifle ban, you got anything that’s in .223? well that is illegal under the bill as well. Now there is a few exceptions to that, a single shot breach loader, or a box magazine that holds 5rnds or less, it might be 4rnds or less. I haven’t heard much on this part other then firearms manufactures are trying to figure out a way to redesign the box mags to meet this part of the law. For those with a magazine well inside the stock, your rifle would be illegal and there is nothing you can do about it except turn it in. again your rifle would probably be illegal anyways because you would have a scope on it. Start to see why this is so mind boggling to try to explain the frigging complexity of this bill? Lol. One of my favorites of this bill was muzzle loaders, a few of them were put on the list of banned firearms. Why? Because some are 50cal, yup just because of their caliber.
Ok now for the important part of this, now that you know all of your rifles would be illegal under the assault weapons amendment to this package of crap there trying to pass. The assault weapons part was dropped from the main part of the new guns laws they are trying to pass because they felt it would hurt them from getting enhanced background checks and the hi capacity magazines ban passed. They have said they don’t have the votes to pass it as part of the main bill, so they will add it as an amendment. That means they will put everything they have at the first 2 and get them passed hell or high water. We cannot allow any enhanced background checks, and we cannot allow a hi capacity magazine ban. Joe biden just said it the other day in a speech, this is just the beginning. In other words, they are going to keep adding, we gave an inch and they will take a mile behind closed doors. This amendment they will have to vote on, they know it will fail, but they want to see who’s on their side, who is right on the edge of voting for it, who will not vote for it because there about to face an election year, and who will vote for it knowing they have an election coming up they may lose. Their testing the waters to see who’s on their side.
Ok the handgun part; I love this part because it is pretty simple. You can do nothing to change a pistol from the factory; it has to be factory original. Absolutely nothing the military uses can be on the pistol, you cannot change the recoil spring, cannot change the grips, cannot put on night sites, cannot put on a flash light, no trigger jobs (same for rifles too), no hi cap mags, if it originally came with double stack mags you have to get single stacks for it, they added a special part to the bill after seeing a YouTube video, so no race springs, no race holsters. See how ridiculous this is getting. Funny thing here, they outlawed the 50cal rnd for rifles, but it also applies to handguns too because the person that wrote that part didn’t know that you don’t shoot a 50bmg from a pistol, so as the law stands, no 50cal pistol. Heres a funnier part, they recognized there error and said, who needs a 50cal pistol? Who do they think they are Arnold Schwarzenegger (Ok I cannot spell his name but they did say his name when rationalizing this part to keep it in). so there rational for no-one having a 50cal handgun was a movie star, nothing to do with hunting bores, hogs, I know some do some big game hunting with pistols, but they don’t matter because a movie star decided this. Well not personally, just his character in movies did. Can you start to see the mentality of the people who are writing this stuff? They don’t know what they’re talking about, they just want to save the kids, it’s all for the kids. Remember that line; you will start to see more of it, a lot more of it.
Well ok what does all of this mean? Well it is for our safety, it is for the kids, it is to lower the crime rates, to stop the mass murders, and it is for all those things. So if it is for all of those things? How can every anti firearms person all agree that this will do nothing to lower crime rates or make anyone safer? See they all say we have to do these things now, if it just saves one child, or stops just one mass murder spree, anything, but we must do something. They know what they are doing, it is why we have the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, the 2nd amendment, they can’t get around that pesky 2nd amendment thing. I hope some read the post I made a bit back about the history of the 2nd amendment and why our forefathers put it in our Constitution. At the end of the day all of these laws lead and only lead to confiscation, they have said so many times. You have to listen to what they say and how they say it. They have changed the words, the definitions, and how they say things as they need to, they need to always make it bad, to confuse the general public about what they are talking about. If I’m loosing you here no worries, just follow me for a minute and it will make sense.
I think the best way of describing this is to think of obamacare, every promise made was an absolute lie, but more than that was the fact that everything said was actually the opposite when it was finally read. The something will happen with the gun debate, you hit them with facts and they ignore you, or say your facts are wrong and only there’s count. We can see the progression of this with the language, first it was hi capacity clips, now they have learned because all of us that know something about firearms were laughing at them because a clip is totally different then a magazine. So now they have changed the terms to say magazines, but it’s hi capacity clips and magazines, I still laugh about that. It was AR type rifles after newton, now to help scare the people; it is military style weapons of war. Some of you may have noticed how the new catch phrase is; weapons of war do not belong on the streets of America. They pull numbers of deaths by firearms almost out of thin air, but when challenged on the real facts of their numbers they run and hide, totally dismiss all the facts about the numbers they use. Here is a little tip on how to always shred the argument that America’s gun violence is the highest or 2nd highest in the world. Break down the number they toss out there, they always use the number of all deaths by firearms. They never break it down by, actidental discharge, murders, gang on gang shootings, rifles, shotguns, hand guns, or police shootings. The last one there is important because it accounts for just about 1/3 to half of shootings. Self defense shootings or justifiable shootings take up another huge part as well. When you break down their own numbers they will always dismiss it, news rarely mentions the actual facts of where the numbers come from or how they are broken down, they need the fear for those that don’t know the facts and refuse to educate themselves about what is going on. For them it is simple, politicians said it is bad, it’s for the kids, these are weapons of war and we don’t need them on our streets, we must act now, we cannot forget about the kids, etc, you will hear these lines more and more as well as the Newton brought up more and more before they vote on this bill.
These things are all parts of a larger push to register all firearms, the start of that is the expanded background check, which is the way to find all firearms in the country, it may take a few years, but eventually they will have a complete list, then they can come and take them. Notice the assault weapons bill, I did not want to type all of that, but I had to. I had to tell you all everything that was being defined in that bill, so you can see where the registry begins. Everything you own is in that bill in some way or another, everything will be registered and they will know what you have and where you live. Hi cap mags, that is just another way to take something from us, to show they have control and we are sheep. Bear posted a story we all should read, it is about a man that sent an email to a rep in his state about the 2nd amendment and that states own Constitution, and the laws that would be broken if they passed any gun laws or even voted for them from the federal gov. the reply the man got had nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, and the rep actually threatened the mans life, if you haven’t read that story, you should.
Lastly and most importantly, gotta tell a story first so you’ll know where I am coming from on this. On 2-23 I went to a pro firearms, pro 2nd amendment rally here where I live. It was supposed to be a warm day so everyone was dressed for basically a day at the park lol. Well it was snowing and cold as all get out and no-one was dressed for that, not even the congressman that showed up to give a speech. After his speech the rally broke up, but the congressman was still there talking to a small group of people, I went and joined that conver and talked to him and the 7-8 others for over an hour, freezing our butts off, hands and fingers were turning blue, it was cold. So whats the point here? He said to send emails to your reps, to call them all, bug them daily with phone calls and emails telling them you support the 2nd amendment and to pass no new firearms laws. He said that phone calls and emails really do matter and in a lot of ways that’s how their offices judge what the people want them to do. So your voice must be heard in those ways, they do matter and it does work. So please, even if you have a pro firearms rep, call them and say thank you, keep up the good work on the 2nd and keeping my rights.
If nothing else I hope you all learned something about the attacks that are taking place on the 2nd amendment, these are going to be back door deals that you will never hear about on the news, but this is what is coming, the vice pres said it best, there is more to come, this is just the beginning, and if you want to go to jail follow his advice about shotguns for home defense, lol.
This was from a person that is not normally politically active, and if people like that are thinking this way? This nation is in for one hell of a roller coaster ride. One that will be anything but pleasant I might add.
- NRA: BIDEN and PELOSI REVEAL CONTEMPT FOR 2ND AMENDMENT (gloucestercitynews.net)
- BREAKING: Connecticut Gun Ban Bills Revealed (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- The Truth About the Universal Background Check Bill (Senate Bill S. 374) (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- The Gun Control Debate, in Plain English (leatherneckblogger.com)
- Connecticut does deal on tough gun laws (news.smh.com.au)
- Chickenshit Senate Democrats Led By Leader Harry Reid Do It Again: WE Deserve A VOTE! (theobamacrat.com)
- Rand Paul: My jaw just hit the floor (dprogram.net)